Break study time into short sessions
- How long could we stay focus? 25mins.
- Study longer time doesn’t mean study better.
- When efficiency starts to slide, total break and enjoy.
- Plan something special after the study is DONE.
- Study efficient could be better from practice
Dedicated study area（仪式感）
- Bedroom, dinning table or living room are bad ideas
- Library is best, study room is better
- Use a dedicated lamp for study
More active more effectively
- Change from study fact to study concept: from what to how/why
Put the concept in your own word: Feyman method
- Try to explain the concept with plain words to someone doesn’t have the same background as you do
- Make new concept meaningful: create a new entry, connect with the things you already know.
Best way to learn is teach someone/something else
- Re-enforce your knowledge
- Speak out loudly to something is also helpful
SQ3R: survey, question, read, recite, review
- Survey brings up questions
- Read with questions
- Recite: keywords, take notes
- Review: review your note right after class
- Study groups
- Highlight everything = highlight nothing
- Recognition != knowledge, need to change new facts into concepts, and put new concepts into personal knowledge web
- Get better sleep to consolidate knowledge
- Take notes, AND take a moment (5mins) after class to flush it out (review immediately)
- Mnemonics: interacting images (weirder the better ;p )